The ATS Business Unit provides wide range of niche technical services to the industry covering aircraft systems, flight sciences, safety engineering, software engineering, reverse engineering and flight worthy product design.
Working in a project-oriented matrix management organisation, you will be responsible the revenue and gross profit of the business unit. You will be liaising closely with business development, engineering, and the project management office to ensure projects and bids are delivered to time, cost and quality.
You will also work closely with the other supporting functions (finance, quality, security and export control) to ensure a seamless delivery of service to the customer.
Applicants must have firm financial acumen, a business development mind-set and account management skills. It is highly advantageous that the successful candidate has an existing network of contacts within our key domains and is able to use these to support Stirling’s rapidly growing business
The main responsibilities are:
- Definition of business unit strategy, preparation of rolling 3-year business plans and annualised budgets.
- Deliver the budgeted order intake ensuring maintenance of overall and business unit Gross Margin.
- Seek opportunity, for both new and existing customers, with the support of Business Development; covering the whole capture lifecycle including lead generation, capture planning, proposal writing and contract negotiations.
- Supported by Project Managers and Finance; plan, enact and measure business unit performance and ensure on-time and right first-time delivery to customers of the business unit.
- Interpret the market need to inform the units technical roadmap, support R&D efforts and work to enhance Stirling’s overall capability and offering to the market segment.
- Seek and understand competitors’ offerings in the market segment; their offerings and technologies, assessment of their strengths and weaknesses, define Stirling’s price competitive response.
- Stirling needs agile thinkers with a strong can-do attitude. The ability to “do” as well as delegate effectively is imperative. Pace is an important element of the role; many opportunities are reactive in nature, timely and effective response to customers’ needs is essential for success.
- A worldwide customer base requires a mature, effective and locally-targeted approach to cultural considerations for other ways of working, customs and practices.
Application deadline: 18/04/2019