Pay & Benefits – From £50,000 per annum (negotiable for the right person)
Location – Bristol
Contract type – Permanent
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they don’t tick every box. If you’re excited about working for a successful company and have an innovative, customer-focussed, can-do attitude, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We’re ideally looking for someone with:
- A strong working knowledge of the UK marine defence market (particularly submarine, or other near-field highly regulated industries) – covering customers/competitors, market segment values, trends, new platform developments, technology providers
- Strong expertise of the core engineering capabilities: submarine systems, naval architecture, system design, software product development and reverse engineering
- An engineering background and demonstrable exposure to and success in project management, business development and business management
About the role
We’re looking for a new business manager with an established track record to join us and lead our Marine Solutions (MAR) business unit both in our established and emerging markets worldwide.
You must be comfortable with a matrix management environment and be willing to operate flexibly across a large and often diverse geography and client base.
You’ll be a strong team player, able to function at a high level within the context of your team, as well as being highly motivated to operate using your own initiative.
Working on-the-move, with regular travel, you’ll be engaging with senior leaders and influencers to gain insight into their needs and position Stirling Dynamics as a preferred partner.
For the full job description, please see our download button below.
Founded in 1987, Stirling Dynamics has grown from a handful of expert engineers to a team of 100+ staff. The success of the company is made possible through a customer-focussed, can-do culture. Everything we do is underpinned by our company mission statement:
- To deliver innovative technical services and technology solutions into our core markets
- To build sustainable, beneficial relationships between suppliers, clients and institutions
- To be recognised as an innovator and catalyst of new technologies
- To continue to make valuable investments for the future through education, research and development
Strong financial performance is essential to support investment and growth. Looking forward we aim to achieve the following objectives:
- Increased business development and marketing activities to develop new markets
- Addition of new engineering capabilities to meet emerging customer needs
- Technology refresh for control products and systems
- Increased investment in training and professional development schemes
We offer a range of benefits to our employees to recognise their efforts. Playing hard is equally as important as working hard, so regular events are held throughout the year which provide an ideal opportunity to mix socially.
This role will be based in Bristol.
You may need to travel on occasion although our main office is in Bristol.
At Stirling Dynamics we celebrate diversity and know that it’s critical for our success. We work hard to make sure were inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you!
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
We review CV’s as we receive them and interview as soon as we receive good applications. We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoiding missing out on this role.