Stirling Dynamics Aerospace Technical Services sector is now seeking to recruit an experienced Loads and Aeroelastics Engineer to support upcoming programmes of work. The Loads Engineer will work within a team responsible for all aspects of aircraft loads analysis, including ground, flight and manoeuvre for whole aircraft and component levels. Responsibilities will be dependent upon experience but may include leading technical packages of work/tasks; providing input into the generation of technical proposal documents and supporting the development of the technical capability.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a related discipline (preferably Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mathematics) and must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of fundamental engineering principles.
Proven relevant experience in industry is required with a strong knowledge of methods and processes followed in aircraft loads and aeroelastics for certification purposes.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to work independently and within teams of engineers.
- Deliver engineering solutions at a consistently high standard (self-checking results), within a given budget.
- Ensure given tasks achieve their full objectives.
- Manage multiple tasks and deliver within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Maintain the project documentation in line with the quality plan.
- Write technical reports detailing the work performed.
- Interact with other engineers on a technical and project level.
- Provide support to the aerospace technologies group capability development activities.
For higher grades:
- Provide technical direction within the delegated area of responsibility.
- Supporting the personal development of team members and to motivate and coordinate to ensure that projects achieve their full objectives.
- Review the performance of team members.
- Support the preparation of project management planning documentation including quality, technical and budget plans.
- Preparation, presentation and approvals of technical reports and proposals.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and suppliers.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a related discipline.
- Demonstrate a strong aptitude in understanding of loads and aeroelastics covering flight, ground and component loads including model build, verification and validation.
- Experience in FE Modelling of Aerospace Structures (Nastran/Patran) would be an advantage.
- Familiarity of landing gear structures would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) products is essential.
- Knowledge of programming languages and tools (Matlab, Simulink, FORTRAN) would be an advantage.
- Ability to independently carry out technical work.
- Interest in personal development and innovative thinking.
- Ability to work in a flexible working environment.
- Ability to deliver results to specified deadlines.
- Good report preparation and presentation skills.
For higher grades:
- Familiarity with certification standards and means of compliance, in particular CS/FAR-25 Subpart C.
- Direct or relevant industry experience is essential.
The personal qualities of the jobholder will be key to success in this role. The following characteristics and qualities are identified as essential for the role:
- An ability to manage multiple tasks, to work independently when required, and the organisation and drive to follow through to a successful outcome.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including a diplomatic and professional approach when dealing with people.
- The confidence to challenge practices and the willingness to question in order to gain a full understanding of issues. Escalate and communicate issues when necessary.
- A willingness to embrace change and an ability to implement new processes.
- The capability to work efficiently and accurately, with an attention to detail, and the discipline to self-check results.
- Good organisational skills, including record keeping.
- The role requires a good team player who uses initiative, is self-motivated and enthusiastic.
For higher grades:
- Able to manage and nurture people to ensure capability development and team coherence.
Application deadline: 18/08/2019