Pay & benefits – Extremely competitive salary
Contract type: Permanent
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they don’t tick every box. If you’re excited about working for a successful company and have a customer-focussed, can-do attitude, go ahead and apply. You could be key to our success!
We’re ideally looking for someone with:
- A self-motivated, mature attitude with the ability to solve problems independently
- An advanced user of MATLAB/Simulink
- A proven ability to derive mathematical models of physical systems from fundamental engineering principles
- Experience with dynamics modelling and/or experience modelling hydro-mechanical and/or electro-mechanical systems and/or experience with control systems and architecture in either aerospace or marine domains
- The capability to work efficiently and accurately, with an attention to detail, and the discipline to self-check results
About the role
We’re looking for a Principal Engineer to support upcoming programmes of work within Stirling facilities and on-site with our customer.
You’ll work within a team responsible for producing models (Aerospace systems, marine systems, equipment level models and simulation) for development programmes.
This involves the development of models and control algorithms together with testing, validation and performance analysis to further assist the system design and verification.
As our new Principal Engineer, you’ll also include the technical leading of control and modelling projects, to include the task definition, supporting and approval of the work of junior engineers.
For the full job description, please see the download button at the bottom of the page.
Founded in 1987, Stirling Dynamics has grown from a handful of expert engineers to a team of 100+ staff. The success of the company is made possible through a customer-focussed, can-do culture. Everything we do is underpinned by our company mission statement:
- To deliver innovative technical services and technology solutions into our core markets
- To build sustainable, beneficial relationships between suppliers, clients and institutions
- To be recognised as an innovator and catalyst of new technologies
- To continue to make valuable investments for the future through education, research and development
Strong financial performance is essential to support investment and growth. Looking forward we aim to achieve the following objectives:
- Increased business development and marketing activities to develop new markets
- Addition of new engineering capabilities to meet emerging customer needs
- Technology refresh for control products and systems
- Increased investment in training and professional development schemes
We offer a range of benefits to our employees to recognise their efforts. Playing hard is equally as important as working hard, so regular events are held throughout the year which provide an ideal opportunity to mix socially.
This role will be based in Bristol.
You may need to travel on occasion although our main office is in Bristol.
At Stirling Dynamics we celebrate diversity and know that it’s critical for our success. We work hard to make sure were inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you!
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
We review CV’s as we receive them and interview as soon as we receive good applications. We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoiding missing out on this role.
No agencies please.