We’re looking for talented Systems Safety Engineers with significant proven industry experience, to join our team.
A solid knowledge of ATA27 flight controls and CS/FAA regulations and compliance is required and will be key to success in this role; as will a considered client facing attitude to performing the work. Stirling’s projects cover both fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft for UK and internationally based customers. Your role is to be primarily based in our client’s office in Japan for 12-18 months. Opportunities exist for a return to the UK office after this time.
- Supporting our clients in certification and compliance to CS/FAA requirements.
- Reporting to the Engineering Division / Aircraft Integration Department / Safety and Development Assurance Group / Safety Team.
- Working to resolve test and compliance issues and managing associated risks.
- ATA27 System Safety Assessment (SSA) for Flight Controls.
- Production and review of safety documentation such as SFHA, SSA and CMA etc.
- Preparation and review of certification test reports and certification summary documentation.
- Performing a lead role supporting other members of the team with specialist systems safety knowledge.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Candidates should be able to demonstrate specific experience in the following areas:
- Flight Control Systems (ATA 27)
- New equipment/system design and development for civil aircraft programmes.
- Certification activities – certification planning and certification summary/compliance.
- EASA Certification (CS) 25 – Large Aeroplanes.
- Systems design process (ARP4754A)
- Professional attitude – Able to act as a company ambassador
- Ability to appreciate and work with customers of different cultures
- Organised and diligent
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible, can-do approach
- Ability to deal with multiple conflicting requests
- Self-motivated to see tasks through to successful completion
FACTS AND FIGURES
Pay & Benefits – Competitive Package
Department – Systems & Safety Reporting to – Technical Manager for Systems & Safety
Location – Japan
Contract type – Permanent/Contract
Job Reference – 35/19
At Stirling Dynamics we celebrate diversity. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you!
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
We review CV’s as we receive them and interview as soon as we receive good applications. We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoiding missing out on this role.
No agencies please.