Pay & benefits – Extremely competitive salary
Location – Bristol
Contract type – Permanent
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they don’t tick every box. If you’re excited about working for a successful company and have a customer-focussed, can-do attitude, go ahead and apply. You could be key to our success!
We’re ideally looking for someone with:
- A well-versed knowledge of a variety of programming languages and software engineering toolsets with a focus on C/C++
- Working experience in software engineering in highly regulated and safety-critical environments
- Successful leadership and delivery of complex software intensive projects
- The ability to lead technical excellence through promoting robust and industry accepted software engineering methodologies.
- You must be willing to undergo and obtain UK Security Clearance.
About the role
We are looking for a new Technical Manager to lead our software capability.
This is a challenging role where you will be responsible for the development of the Software Department’s technical capability as well as line managing a brilliant team.
You’ll also work with Project Management and Business Management to lead the generation of technical solutions in response to customer needs, support cost estimating and bid preparation.
For the full job description, please see the download button at the bottom of the page.
Founded in 1987, Stirling Dynamics has grown from a handful of expert engineers to a team of 100+ staff. The success of the company is made possible through a customer-focussed, can-do culture. Everything we do is underpinned by our company mission statement:
- To deliver innovative technical services and technology solutions into our core markets
- To build sustainable, beneficial relationships between suppliers, clients and institutions
- To be recognised as an innovator and catalyst of new technologies
- To continue to make valuable investments for the future through education, research and development
Strong financial performance is essential to support investment and growth. Looking forward we aim to achieve the following objectives:
- Increased business development and marketing activities to develop new markets
- Addition of new engineering capabilities to meet emerging customer needs
- Technology refresh for control products and systems
- Increased investment in training and professional development schemes
We offer a range of benefits to our employees to recognise their efforts. Playing hard is equally as important as working hard, so regular events are held throughout the year which provide an ideal opportunity to mix socially.
This role will be based in our Bristol office.
You may need to travel on occasion although our main office is in Bristol.
At Stirling Dynamics we celebrate diversity and know that it’s critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you!
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
We review CV’s as we receive them and interview as soon as we receive good applications. We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoiding missing out on this role.
No agencies please.