We’re looking for talented Systems Engineers to join our innovative Systems and Safety team here in Bristol.
A wide variety of roles are currently available, therefore the requirements would suit anyone with an established aerospace/defence/marine background. Even recent graduates with an applicable engineering degree qualification. If you think this sounds like you then please apply!
Stirling’s projects cover both fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft for UK and internationally based customers. Current roles are mainly based in our Bristol office and are likely to require trips to client sites.
The key accountabilities for the role are varied and will include:
- Supporting our clients in completing system/equipment design, development & certification activities
- Supporting system and equipment level modifications
- Working to resolve in-service issues
- Preparation and/or checking of documentation for the equipment/system design process
- Supporting certification test planning activities, test analysis and documentation
- Preparation of certification test reports and certification summary documentation
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Our current requirements span hydro-mechanical through to avionics/software therefore Stirling is interested in candidates with specific and/or mixed expertise that can demonstrate experience in at least two or more of the following:
- New equipment/system design and development for civil aircraft programmes (ARP4754)
- ARP4761, Guidelines and Methods for Conducting the Safety Assessment Process on Civil Airborne Systems and Equipment
- DO-160, Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment
- DO-178B/C, Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification
- DO-254, Design Assurance Guidance for Airborne Electronic Hardware
- Certification activities –certification planning and certification summary/compliance
- Electrical (ATA 24)
- Fuel (ATA 28)
- Hydraulics (ATA 29)
- Landing Gear (ATA 32)
The personal qualities of the candidates will be key to success in this fast-paced, dynamic environment and it demands a self-motivated attitude with a real drive to progress. Candidates must be able to identify with the characteristics and qualities detailed below:
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to demonstrate initiative
- Organised and diligent
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deal with multiple conflicting requests
- The confidence to challenge practices and the willingness to question
FACTS AND FIGURES
- Pay & Benefits – Competitive Package
- Department – Systems & Safety
- Reporting to – Technical Manager for Systems & Safety
- Location – Stoke Gifford, Bristol, BS16 1FJ
- Contract type – Permanent/Contract
- Job Reference – 08/19
At Stirling Dynamics we celebrate diversity. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you!
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
We review CV’s as we receive them and interview as soon as we receive good applications. We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoiding missing out on this role.
No agencies please