We’re looking for a talented Systems Engineer with significant industry experience and a can-do attitude, to join our team.
A solid knowledge of CS/FAR Part 25 regulations and compliance, preferably related to flight control and/or landing gear systems, will be key to the success of this role; as will a considered client facing attitude to performing the work.
Stirling’s projects cover both fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft for UK and internationally based customers. The role is to be primarily based in our client’s office in Japan for 12-18 months. Opportunities are available for a return to the UK office after this time.
The key accountabilities for the role are varied and will include:
- Supplier coordination, document reviews (including QTRs)
- Creation of system description and system analysis documents
- Investigation and root cause analysis of hydro-mechanical systems
- Supporting our clients in certification and compliance to CS/FAA requirements
- Supporting certification test planning activities and documentation
- Preparation of certification test reports and certification summary documentation
- Managing the offload of work to a UK based team of systems engineers
- Managing the delivery of tasks back to the client’s team
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Candidates should be able to demonstrate specific experience in at least two or more of the following areas:
- New equipment/system design and development for civil aircraft programmes
- Certification activities –certification planning and certification summary/compliance
- CS/FAR 25 – Large Aeroplanes
- Flight Control Systems (ATA 27)
- Hydraulic Power (ATA 29)
- Landing Gear Systems (ATA 32)
- Systems design process (ARP4754A)
Professional attitude – Able to act as a company ambassador
Ability to appreciate and work with customers of different cultures
Organised and diligent
Excellent communication skills
Flexible, can-do approach
Ability to deal with multiple conflicting requests
Self-motivated to see tasks through to successful completion
At Stirling Dynamics we celebrate diversity. We work hard to make sure were inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you!
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
We review CV’s as we receive them and interview as soon as we receive good applications. We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoiding missing out on this role.
No agencies please