6th February 2020
Expleo, formerly Assystem Technologies, celebrates today the one-year anniversary of its relaunch under a new identity. This rebranding followed the integration of a series of acquisitions, creating a unique end-to-end offering combining engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. Over the past year, Expleo hit important milestones and reinforced its ambition to be a new breed of technology partner helping businesses rapidly deliver innovation at scale.
- 4,500 people joined the global team bringing new skill sets and expertise.
- A brand new group headquarter was inaugurated in November (in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, France). Through this project, Expleo has strengthened its foothold at the heart of a major business hub in Western Paris, getting closer to blue-chip clients, notably in the automotive and defence industries.
- Expleo also expanded its global presence with the creation of new subsidiaries in Australia and in Russia. A move that will help Expleo better meet clients’ needs and position itself in promising markets that offer high growth opportunities.
“The re-launch as Expleo was the start of a very exciting journey with one major goal: better serve our clients. It was a bold move to answer the changing needs of today’s market where engineering and software are becoming increasingly intertwined. With a team of 15,000 technology-lovers, operating in 30 countries, we are able to work closely with our clients to match their individual business needs with the optimal mix of delivery options, with an ability to complete global and complex projects on time, successfully and with the most return on investment. We will reinforce our growth in 2020, with a strong emphasis on sales and customer care,” Olivier Aldrin, Expleo CEO explains.
Contributing to a more connected, sustainable and secure society
We support technology-intensive projects that contribute to making businesses and society more connected, sustainable and secure. Here are a few key projects to illustrate how our people make a meaningful impact:
Factory of the future
- As part of the modernization of its historic industrial site in Sochaux, France, the PSA Group has chosen Expleo as a long-standing partner with strong automobile expertise to transfer and transform its assembly line. Eventually, it will have a production capacity of 400,000 vehicles per year.
Internet for all
- Expleo is bringing its assembly, integration and testing expertise to Airbus and the OneWeb project, whose inaugural mission launched in February last year from the Guiana Space Centre in Kourou. This project aims to deploy a constellation of 900 satellites to deliver affordable internet access globally.
Green innovation: New biosourced composite from bamboo fibre
- Expleo is currently collaborating with six other companies and research laboratories on the development of new bio-based technical composites derived from long bamboo fibres. As an alternative to the polymer composites affected by the European REACH regulation, this innovation would ultimately reduce the environmental footprint of aircraft by making their structure lighter and reducing their fuel consumption. The first prototype components are scheduled to be produced in 2021.
Transforming the UK Energy market
- Expleo is supporting the Data Communications Company (DCC) in the delivery of the groundbreaking UK government led Switching Programme, a new service that will allow customers to change energy suppliers faster and more reliably. Expleo will be working with service providers and contractors to ensure systems are functioning, changes are delivered according to timelines, and risks are identified and mitigated.
Ambitious growth perspective
Leveraging our strong pan-European and fast-growing North America and Asia presence with offshore centres located in Egypt, India, Morocco, Northern Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Spain, our ambition is to pursue our growth in 2020 with a strong focus on sales and customer care. The group plans to further expand its footprint, notably in India where Expleo aims to double in size in the next few years.
This year again we will continue to bring human intelligence at the forefront of technology with 5000 new hires globally.
+33 (0)6 07 27 68 55
Expleo is a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. We help businesses harness unrelenting technological change to successfully deliver innovations that will help them gain a competitive advantage and improve the everyday lives of people around the globe.
Expleo is active in the technology-intensive sectors that make modern business and society more connected, sustainable and secure. We offer unique access to industry-specific expertise and best practice across the following services: consultancy and business agility, product design, production and in-service support, as well as continuous quality.
Our 15,000 people bring the right balance of boldness and reliability that businesses need to succeed in this disruptive era. We are active in more than 30 countries, generating €1.1 billion in revenue in 2019. For more information: expleogroup.com
Expleo’s network of affiliate companies includes: Aerotec, Athos Aéronautique, Double Consulting, Edison Technical Recruitment, Moorhouse Consulting, Silver Atena, Stirling Dynamics, Sud Aviation Services, Trissential and Vista Technologies.