Stirling Dynamics Aerospace Technical Services Sector is now seeking to recruit multiple contract engineers to support upcoming programmes of work within Stirling facilities and/or on-site (Asia) with our customer. The Senior Modelling and Simulation Engineers will work within a team responsible for producing models (flight dynamics, flight control, hydraulics, landing gear etc.) for a new aircraft development. The work involves the development of the flight dynamics model and/or continued development of the system models, together with the integration of the models in a test platform, and carrying out model analysis to further assist the system design and verification.
The ideal candidates will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a related discipline (preferably Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mathematics) and must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of fundamental modelling principles of systems. The candidate must have relevant industrial experience within the aerospace sector and must have a good knowledge of engineering analysis and simulation tools, particularly Matlab/Simulink. The candidate should have experience with version controlling models and have knowledge of configuration management processes. The successful candidates will have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to work independently and within teams of engineers.
- Interact with internal and external customers on a technical level.
- Deliver engineering solutions at a consistently high standard (self-checking results).
- Maintain the project documentation in line with the quality plan.
- Manage multiple tasks and deliver within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Interact with other engineers on a technical and project level.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A relevant engineering degree or equivalent
- A competent user of Matlab/Simulink.
- A proven ability to derive mathematical models of physical systems from fundamental engineering principles.
- Experience with flight dynamics modelling and/or experience modelling hydro-mechanical and/or electro-mechanical systems and/or experience with flight control systems and architecture.
- Ability to reverse engineer models from a defined architecture.
- Development of models in line with updates to specification.
- Development of test specifications and their implementation in code.
- Experience of working within a configuration-controlled development team (The use of GIT would be an advantage)
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Experience of model validation against a test specimen.
The personal qualities of the jobholder will be key to success in this role. The following characteristics and qualities are identified as essential for the roles:
- Self-motivated, mature candidate with the ability to solve problems independently.
- An ability to manage multiple tasks, to work effectively within a team or independently when required.
- Good interpersonal skills, including a diplomatic and professional approach when dealing with people.
- The confidence and desire to gain a full understanding of issues.
- The capability to work efficiently and accurately, with an attention to detail, and the discipline to self-check results.
- Good organisational skills, including record keeping.
- Able to act in a customer facing position.
FACTS AND FIGURES
Pay & Benefits – Competitive Package
Department – Control and Simulation
Reporting to – Senior Engineer or Technical Manager (dependant on grade)
Location – Stoke Gifford, Bristol, BS16 1FJ
Contract type – Permanent
Job Reference – 02/19