The successful candidate will be involved in the full project lifecycle from leading or assisting with bids for new and continuing work to delivering existing long-term programmes of work. Specifically, the role involves the planning, monitoring and control of allocated projects in the Aerospace Technical Services (ATS) business unit. Key to this is ensuring that projects are controlled in line with the company’s Quality Management System (QMS) and project management procedures within the level of delegated authority. Stirling Dynamics operates projects based on the PRINCE2 approach and aligns with the principles of the Association for Project Management (APM) Body of Knowledge (BoK).
This role would suit a variety of candidates who have previous engineering and current project management experience looking to move into a fast-moving company with a world-wide customer base. The role and delegated authority will be tailored to the individual’s level of experience and ability. Based at our Filton and Clifton Offices, the role requires travel between the two sites.
- Preparation of all Project Start-up and Initiation Documentation, including: Project Briefs (Charter); Project Management Plans (PMP); project schedules; project budgets; and tracking registers.
- Ensure effective customer communications take place and that the customer needs are met in all respects, and effective internal communications are maintained.
- Co-ordination/collection of project data from all project team members, including hours booked, hours to complete, costs incurred/to complete.
- Management of project resource demand and participation in Business Unit resource levelling through accurate representation of the project demand in the business forecasting system.
- Management of Risk (through reduction) and Opportunity (through optimisation) in accordance with company procedures.
- Preparation of project financial data including budget updates, cost to go and cost at completion.
Application deadline: 29/03/2019