Due to recent contract wins, and supporting continued growth, Stirling Dynamics are looking for talented Senior Systems Engineers to join our team supporting numerous civil aerospace, urban air-mobility and defence/military related projects. These roles will be predominantly based in our Bristol offices with occasional travel to our clients’ sites as required.
As part of the Systems & Safety team, the Senior Systems Engineers will be responsible for the delivery of systems support to our business and our clients which will include activities such as:
- Supporting system/equipment design, development & certification activities,
- Supporting system and equipment level modifications,
- Working to resolve in-service issues,
- Preparation and/or checking of documentation for the equipment/system design process,
- Running/supporting/attending internal/external design reviews,
- Supporting certification test planning activities, test analysis and documentation,
- Preparation of certification test reports and certification summary documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Candidates will ideally be degree qualified, in a related discipline, and be experienced in civil/military aerospace related systems engineering principles, processes and standards.
Specific skills/knowledge/experience should include:
- Equipment/system design, development and/or certification for civil aircraft programmes (CS-23, -25),
- Fixed and/or rotary wing aircraft equipment/system design and development,
- Experience of DO178B/DO254 Software/Hardware design, or,
- Familiarity with typical electro-mechanical / hydro-mechanical components used in aircraft systems and structures such as: landing gear (ATA-32), flight controls (ATA-27), fuel (ATA-28), power (ATA-24),
- All–electric aircraft systems (battery technology, power distribution, motor technology etc),
- Experience in urban air mobility design and requirements development,
- Knowledge of ARP4754 – Guidelines for Development of Civil Aircraft and Systems,
- Awareness of industry requirements / specifications such as RTCA, SAE, ARINC, etc,
- International standards e.g. IEC 61508, IEC 62368,
- Working within a quality system environment, such as AS9100, ISO9001,
- Ability to lead activities within a team, work package creation, management, and delivery.
The personal qualities of the candidates will be key to success in this role which demands a self-motivated attitude, a professional approach, and good organisational skills. Candidates must be able to identify with the characteristics and qualities detailed below:
- An ability to manage multiple tasks, to work independently when required, and the organisation and drive to follow defined processes through to a successful outcome,
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including a diplomatic and professional approach when dealing with people,
- The confidence to challenge practices and the willingness to question to gain a full understanding of issues.
- The capability to work efficiently and accurately, with an attention to detail, and the discipline to self-manage.
FACTS AND FIGURES
Pay & Benefits – Competitive Package
Department – Systems & Safety
Reporting to – Technical Manager (Systems & Safety)
Location – Bristol
Contract type – Permanent (full-time)