Due to an increase in volume of work from new contracts and supporting continued growth, Stirling Dynamics is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our team. The candidate will be able to further develop their skills within an exciting and challenging environment.
The role will primarily be providing the software development & verification needs to the Active Control Product team. This will include the development of the existing real-time control software, aircraft simulator interface software and the development of supporting software tools to improve production efficiency.
Further ahead there may also be opportunities for the candidate to support the growing requirement for coding of safety related software, within the Marine and Aerospace domains.
This role is based in our Clifton office (moving to Filton in Dec 2019) and may require occasional trips to customer sites.
- Provide Software for the Active Control product range
- Provide technical customer support for the Active Control products during software and system Integration activities
- Aid the development and V&V of Active Control Product updates
- Support coding of safety related software within the company
- Follow development procedures, including those issued via the Company’s Quality Management System, classifications and statutory bodies
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Candidates will be degree qualified in a related discipline
- C / C++ coding experience
- Ethernet / IP experience (UDP / TCP)
- Version Control System experience (Perforce, Git, Etc)
- Understanding of branching work streams for development and release
- Understanding of software release and version control
- Experience of using ticket systems (Jira, etc)
- Command line Linux experience
- Experience of Real Time Operating Systems such as QNX is desirable
- Awareness of coding standards and how this effects code quality is desirable
- Awareness of unit testing and how this effects code quality
- Understanding of electronic principles
The personal qualities of the jobholder will be key to success in this role. The role demands a self-motivated attitude with a real drive to progress. The following characteristics and qualities are identified as essential for the role:
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC Clearance
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and be able to demonstrate initiative
- An ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently when required
- Ability to take ownership of an activity and see through to a successful outcome
- Demonstrable diplomatic and professional approach when dealing with colleagues and customers
- The confidence to challenge practices and the willingness to question to gain a full understanding of issues
- The capability to work efficiently and accurately, with an attention to detail
Application deadline: 16/08/2019