Due to an increase in volume of work from new contracts and supporting continued growth, Stirling Dynamics is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our team. The candidate will be able to further develop their skills within an exciting and challenging environment.
The role will primarily be providing the software development & verification needs to the Active Control Product team. This will include the development of the existing real-time control software, aircraft simulator interface software and the development of supporting software tools to improve production efficiency.
The candidate will also support the growing requirement for coding of safety related software, within the Marine and Aerospace domains.
This role is based in our Bristol office and may require occasional trips to customer sites.
The role would suit an individual who has 3+ years of relevant, post-graduate, industrial experience and is looking to further their career.
- Provide Software Engineering expertise across the Active Control product range
- Support Customer software and system Integration activities worldwide (as required)
- Aid the introduction of new products in the Active Control Product range
- Maintain (or develop) processes that support safety related software development across the lifecycle
- Follow development procedures, including those issued via the Company’s Quality Management System, classification, and statutory bodies
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Candidates will be degree qualified in a related discipline
- Solid and demonstrable C & C++ coding experience
- Networking stack experience (Ethernet, CAN Bus, TCP/IP experience)
- Skilled in Configuration Management and use of Version Control Systems (JIRA, Perforce, Git)
- Experience of Real Time Operating Systems (such as VxWorks, LynxOS or QNX is desirable)
- Awareness of coding standards and how this effects code quality
- Exposure to developing software for embedded electronic systems
The personal qualities of the jobholder will be key to success in this role. The role demands a self-motivated attitude with a real drive to progress. The following characteristics and qualities are identified as essential for the role:
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC Clearance
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and be able to demonstrate initiative
- An ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently when required.
- Ability to take ownership of an activity and see through to a successful outcome
- Demonstrable diplomatic and professional approach when dealing with colleagues and customers
- The confidence to challenge practices and the willingness to question to gain a full understanding of issues
- The capability to work efficiently and accurately, with an attention to detail
FACTS AND FIGURES
Pay & Benefits – Competitive Package (Grade 3-5)
Department – Software
Reporting to – Principal Software Engineer
Location – Bristol – Stoke Gifford
Contract type – Full-time, permanent